“Why can’t I seem to lose weight when I’m doing everything right?”
Learn how to become the healthiest version of yourself and maximize your potential without supplements, quick-fix, intense exercise programs, or fad diets.
The current landscape of the health and fitness world is jacked up. Health conscious people are led to believe that the only solution to losing weight, to being healthy, and to getting fit is to go on a crazy low-calorie diet, to take some sort of human growth hormone supplement or to replace most of their meals with a shake. From an exercise standpoint, it seems the only thing that works is pain and suffering on a spin bike or intense bootcamp where a coach yells at you and you get your money back if you lose 20 pounds. It’s crazy and it’s no wonder that so many well-intentioned people fail to achieve the healthy, pain-free bodies that we are meant to have.
You see, replacing food with shakes, ultra low-calorie diets, and crazy intense exercise programs are not how we as humans are meant to eat and move. Our bodies are meant to eat good food, to move often, and to move well. And it doesn’t have to be painful! Healthy food is meant to taste good. Movement is meant to feel good. We just need to learn how to create the type of environment our genetic code was meant to live in and we can lose weight be healthy and thrive. We have literally hundreds of stories of clients of ours who believed the health fallacies I lay out below and once they implemented our Core Client Habits they finally saw weight loss, health changes, and progress.
IS VILLAGE RIGHT for you?
OUR MOST SUCCESSFUL CLIENTS SAID THESE 5 THINGS BEFORE VILLAGE...
1) Something about your health has scared you. Maybe you’ve gained some
weight recently, you’ve had THAT doctors visit where the doc says “you’ve
gotta start exercising” or you got some bad results from a recent blood test.
2)You’re frustrated with yo-yo diets that work temporarily but the weight
3) You’ve worked hard at raising a family or a long career and now you’re at a
place where you’re ready to invest in your health.
4) You’re worried about pain or injury holding you back from getting healthy
but know you have to exercise to achieve the health you want.
5) You’ve just had a major life change...a parent passing away, a kid moving out
of the house, or retirement and now you’re ready to make some positive
change in your health.
Village Fitness and Physical Therapy is located in the heart of Downtown Glendora
IF life has left you over-busy and under-active...
IF you've been told the solution to your health problem is an endless stream of pills and procedures instead of food and movement...
IF you are ready to invest in your body and maximize your potential...
THEN we are your counter-cultural solution for wellness.
We are VILLAGE.
“Why is it so hard to lose weight today?”
1. Carbo-Overload. According to the USDA food pyramid grains should form the basis for healthy eating. It’s oatmeal in the morning, a whole grain bread sandwich for lunch, and whole-meat pasta or brown rice for dinner. The problem with carbs is that they spike insulin in our body which is the fat storage hormone. We recommend less than 100 grams a day for those looking to lose or maintain weight and optimize health.
2. Over-exercise. Yes, too much exercise can be detrimental. If you exercise too much at too high of an intensity, your body will get stuck in stress mode. Once in stress mode, the body strives to conserve calories and holds on to body fat for dear life!
3. Toxic Health Food. Many “health” foods today are actually packed with toxic oils (even organic ones) like canola, sunflower, safflower, and canola that cause inflammation and mass cellular confusion in our bodies. Read labels, my friends.
4. Inflammatory Grains. Grains like oats, wheat, and rice are high in omega 6’s which is akin to the gas pedal for the inflammatory process in our body. Because grains now form the base of the food chain and most of the animals and animal products we eat consume grains, our bodies are swimming with inflammation. The chronic diseases people suffer from today like Alzheimers, diabetes, and even cancer have been linked to inflammation gone awry. Systemic inflammation also makes it really tough to lose weight. :(
5. Lack Of Rest. Resting well is more than just getting enough sleep (although sleep is really important). Resting well includes things like taking time to unplug from work and technology. Rest includes taking time away from day to day life and doing things which you enjoy like playing games with family, riding a bike outside, or going for a hike.
6. Stress Breathing. We breathe 23,000 times per day. Due to our always connected and never rested society, we tend to manage stress poorly. The lack of stress management is reflected in how we breathe. When we breathe dysfunctionally, it leads to overuse of muscles that are not meant for breathing, and nervous system that is on high alert and ready for battle. This can create issues with losing weight and managing inflammation.
7. Not Enough Low Level Movement. Many well-intentioned healthy people think their daily spin class or jog entitles them to sitting the rest of the day. However, low level movement like walking, stretching, and doing chores around the house are some of the most important aspects of a healthy movement routine. Our bodies are much more suited for low level movement all day rather than a single overly intense jog on the treadmill.